Get trained and certified in Anger Management through our DVD Home Study/Online Program!
Century Anger Management in assocation with the AJ Novick Group is proud to offer our popular
Anger Management Professional Certification Training via DVD home study.
The DVD Anger Management Certification Home Study is ideal for individuals who can not attend
a live certifcation training or who can not afford to lose a day from work or a busy schedule.
The DVD is the first of its kind, offering real filming from our popular live trainings offered by
licensed Psychotherapists Ari Novick, Ph.D. and Tony Fiore, Ph.D.
Our training is approved for CEU's by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, CAADAC.
This DVD will allow you to complete 8 hours of the required 40 hours for full certification.
All additional hours can be completed through our online courses at a minimal cost through Century Anger Management
- The DVD instructional video
- Client workbook: Anger Management for the Twenty-First Century
- Companion Guide for setting up an anger management program
- Detailed Instructions
- Information on client workbook discounts
- Level 1 "Professional Anger Management Training" Certificate, upon successful completion of home study exam (included)
- Home study exam, Evaluation form
- Information on joining CAM providers support group/forum
- Free inclusion and marketing support on our website
The cost of the 8 hour DVD program is $350.00. This and the remaining 32 hours required for complete certification as a Certified Anger Management Professional can be purchased securely by clicking here: AngerCertification.com
- Approved for CEU's by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. PCE# 2668
- Approved for CEU's by CAADAC: 1N-06-745-0108
- Approved for CEU's by NAADAC (National Assocation for Addication Professionals): #570
- Listed on Century Anger Management's national certified provider list
- High quality marketing support and marketing membership
- Complimentary client workbook, Anger Management for the Twenty-First Century as well our Companion Guide for Anger Management Professionals
- Receive additional learing materials as well as forms and sample marketing materials
- Anger Management is used and accepted for court, business, and personal referrals.
Certification as an Anger Management Professional by Century Anger Management requires three Steps.
Step One: Pre-requisites
The certification training is open to those with a background in mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, education, corrections, law enforcement, pastoral counseling, human resources, and those that need or desire to work with angry and hostile clients. Students in these fields may also be accepted.
Step Two: Adult Content Training (8 Hours)
Instructional methods will include lecture, discussion, use of content workbook, use of companion guide book, videos, and PowerPoint presentations. At the end of this training you will receive a certificate of "Content Completion" from Century Anger Management.
Books used (Included): ( 1) Anger Management for The Twenty-First Century – the 8 Steps of Anger Control by Anthony Fiore, Ph. D., and Ari Novick, Ph.D. (2) Companion Guide for The Anger Management Professional, by Ari Novick, Ph.D. and Anthony Fiore, Ph.D.
Topics covered in the Content Training include: Introduction. Overview of our psycho-educational, skill-building model of anger management vs. psychotherapy model. Current neuroscience behind anger and emotional regulation. Assessment of anger and anger control. How to teach our 8 tools of anger control. Resources and tips for maximum effectiveness. Structure and process of each class meeting. How to deal with "resistant" and difficult participants. Overview of group dynamics, group processes and client screening. Review of forms and procedures used in our anger management programs. Using our model with individual clients. Executive coaching applications. Marketing 101 of our anger program,
The eight tools of anger management include:
- Review of Tool 1 – Dealing with Stress.How stress underlies anger. Physical, medical, mental and behavioral effects of stress. 4- Step model to deal with stress. Exercises. Resources.
- Review of Tool 2 – Developing Empathy. Definition and examples of empathy. Why empathy and "emotional intelligence" are important in anger management. How to teach participants ways to increase or improve empathic responses to others.
- Review of Tool 3 – Respond instead of React. How to present concept of difference between "reacting" and "responding" to anger/stress triggers. Concept that anger expression is a decision. Concept of finding other behaviors/ways to communicate needs, feelings or requests that are more effective than anger.
- Review of Tool 4 – Change Self-Talk. Concept of how self-talk (cognitions) influence emotions. A-B-C-D-E model of anger control. Examples of new cognitions to teach participants. How to think like an optimist.
- Review of Tool 5 – Assertive Communication - Harmful communication styles. How to be an assertive communicator. Strategies to handle and resolve interpersonal conflict.
- Review of Tool 6 – Adjust Those Expectations. Expectations and anger Five steps to adjust expectations in relationships and in the workplace. Philosophy of finding alternative ways for need satisfaction. Strategies to teach this concept.
- Review of Tool 7 – Forgive, but don't forget. 3 steps in forming a grievance. Issue of "should you forgive?" Why forgiving is good for your health and peace of mind. Seven steps to forgiveness.
- Review of Tool 8 – Retreat and Think Things Over. Learning to "stay in the box." (of anger control). Warning signs to heed. Rules to make this tool effective. The freeze-frame technique for self-soothing. Changing self-talk during the "retreat" period.
Step Three: Complete Online Modules (32 hours)
To be fully certified as a Certified Anger Management Professional by Century Anger Management, an additional 32 hours of online modules must be completed. These modules include:
Review of Adolescent Content
Executive Coaching and Special Applications
Assessement and Intake Procedures
Marketing and Business Practices
- Ethics for Anger Management
These modules can be registered for through Century Anger Management at: www.AngerCertification.com